After School Clubs
At St Margaret’s we aim to provide clubs to meet all age groups and abilities, some are subject to charges but wherever possible we will keep these to a minimum. We vary the type of clubs offered throughout the year and update this list termly informing parents through our weekly newsletter and club Matrix.
Please ask at the school office about availability of places in each club. Some have specific application forms and these are also available from the school office.
Please note that arrangements for Breakfast Club in September 2020 will be different due to Government guidance regarding Covid-19. Please speak to the school office for further information.
St Margaret’s Breakfast Club is based in the school hall, where we have on average 35 children daily. Parents bring their children through reception where a member of staff waits to greet them. A register is taken before the children walk down to the hall.
Attending our Breakfast Club with it’s happy, relaxed environment has many benefits for the children such as:-
- Improved social skills/interaction and general behaviour
- Improved time-keeping/less absence
- Improved co-operation/sharing and support amongst peers
The children also have a good choice of a structured healthy breakfast, this consists of:-
- Toast – with jam or marmalade
- Assorted juices, milk, water or tea
We ensure children feel safe, relaxed and ready to learn enabling parents to feel confident that their children are prepared for their day ahead.
Weather permitting children can participate in outdoor games and activities or they may choose to stay indoors where they can catch up with homework, play board games, entertain us with talent shows or just sit quietly to read.
The cost for Breakfast Club is £3 per day per child, however if your child is entitled to a Free School Meal there is a reduced cost. Please speak to the school office.
The timings for arrival and breakfast serving times are below.
- 7.30am ~ 7.50am arrival and breakfast served.
- 7.50am ~ 8am the children are welcome to attend breakfast club but food will not be available
- 8am breakfast club doors close and children will not be admitted
- 8.10am free play ~ football, board games, singing, reading, colouring & outside play
- 8.45am children go to their classrooms for registration